Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ahoy, and other nautical expressions!

Today was good, and that's the truth.

A mini blog about food - one of my life's truisms that today sparks some excitement. Jake and I went to the caterer today and taste tested food for our wedding! We expected little samples of each item on the hypothetical menu, but the woman gave us a schmorgesborg of tastiness. I ate until I felt like I was going to die, and then I thought about licking my plate but due to the fact I already had a smudge of peanut butter on my pant leg from earlier I thought it wise to try and act like a lady... don't want Jake getting scared off, now do we?

The official menu is (drum roll please)

Appetizers of fresh fruit skewers with pina colada dip
BBQ meatballs (of the non-skanky variety)
Hot spinach artichoke dip

The real deal meal:

Rosemary pork tenderloin
Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, roasted red peppers and fontina cheese
Red skin mashed potatoes
Mac and cheese (thigh quiver)
Corn bread stuffing
Buttered corn
Green bean almandine
Italian pasta salad
Spring Mix salad (with fresh strawberries, mandarin oranges, asian noodles and amazing citrus vin)

Are you drooling yet? I AM! Ladies, don't get those dresses taken in too much, and fellas - make sure that belt has an extra hole on the end, because we mean business!

I love it when a plan comes together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sevilla, AndalucĂ­a, Spain
Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one! It got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake, as almost all hats are.